Technology has reached this type of stage that cell phone tracking is as simple as sending a text parental control app. Actually that’s pretty much all mobile tracking programs do to discover the whereabouts of a mobile phone. The machine, by calculating the time it takes for the signal to achieve the telephone from the radio mast and comparing the time with two other masts, can provide a pretty close indication of the mobile phone’s location.
This is obviously not as accurate as GPS tracking systems but as long as the mobile is started up, with a reasonable signal and it is near three cell phone masts, you can get a good indication. Results is often as close as 100m in large city centres and as far ranging as 5 km in wide open moorland with little network coverage. This, however, will be accurate if the user moves around during the day and the machine can more accurately calculate the position.
So what’re the key legal uses that cell phone tracking can be put to?
1) Keeping an eye fixed on children and teenagers – most kids are rarely from their cell phone cell phone spyware, constantly texting and checking social network sites, so finding out exactly where they’re shouldn’t prove too difficult. It will give you reassurance, develop trust and help you find them when providing the expected taxi service.
2) Looking in on elderly relatives. Age effects us all sooner or later and nothing can be more worrying than an independent elderly relative who insists on travelling about, worse still those people who have early dementia or Alzheimer’s who may become forgetful and confused. An easy check online can make sure they have not gone walkabout, or if they have taken a trip you can easily track them down.
3) Car or cell phone tracking – leaving your phone in the vehicle can turn it into an impromptu tracking device so you can easily think it is in an active car park or should it or your car or truck be stolen you are able to pinpoint its location.
4) Navigation – one of the hardest methods for giving someone directions is if they don’t know where they are. Mobile phone tracking means you are able to identify their position and straightaway put them back on track. It can also be helpful for picking right up or meeting people if you are unfamiliar with the surroundings. Just check online and you are able to put yourself within shouting distance.
5) Emergencies – car crash, domestic accident or injury whilst exploring the truly amazing outdoors, phone tracking can offer emergency services with an exact fix in your position. Even narrowing your location down seriously to a few kilometers in the wide-open countryside could eventually save valuable hours in finding you during an emergency.